Friday, September 11, 2009

My Cat is the Size of a Tiger


My cat is the size of a tiger. His name is QQ. He's 10 feet long and weighs 660 pounds. I ride QQ to school.

One day QQ decided to run to school. It was hard to hold on. I could not control him. Mr. Capshaw and Mrs. Rau told me that I couldn't ride QQ to school anymore. I had to take him home and I was excused from school for the day. Not expelled. Not suspended. Excused, because I had a cat the size of a tiger and they were practically paying me to take him away. Seriously, Myrna, the secretary, gave me $10 if I took him away in the the next 10 seconds. My friend Desi thought it was cool.

When we were on the way home, QQ started accelerating and accelerating. He went 60 MPH and we were home in about 3 seconds. We ran right past the house and did a U-turn and went straight to Nye Beach. The tourists started running and screaming and I yelled, "I can't control this thing!" QQ decided he didn't need to swim over the jetty. He could just leap. I laid down and used my arms and feet to grip around him. I didn't fall off, but I swung around until I was clinging to his stomach. It was even freakier than falling off.

QQ went down the beach to California. We saw the Redwood Forest and then we went straight back home. It only took 4 hours round trip.

We were home before my parents got home. My parents knew I was excused and about my $10. They did not know I went to California. The school called and said they wanted me to bring QQ back. A class wanted to see a tiger and there was no money for a school field trip. I said, "Okay! I'll have him there in 3 seconds if you want." Myrna said, "We'll see him tomorrow."

By then I swear that QQ was bigger than a tiger.

5 comments:

  1. What an adventure! Your writing made me feel like I was there WITH you! Thanks for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when QQ has kittens! I want to ride one to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't tell your own mother that you went to California?????

    ReplyDelete