Friday, January 22, 2010

Artemis Fowl Birthday Party Plans



I am having an Artemis Fowl birthday party. The plans we found on the internet were bad. Here are my plans.

Invitations:
I made them look like little copies of the Booke of the People. I wrote their names in Gnommish and in English on their envelopes.

Food:
Caviar, Earl Grey tea, oysters, fresh fruit and vegies, cupcakes with people's names written in Gnommish. Artemis liked Earl Grey tea and caviar. Some of the fairy people were vegetarian. I love oysters. Cupcakes because it's a party, and Gnommish because that's what the fairy people spoke.

Games:
1. Scavenger hunt with the clues written in Gnommish. Each clue guides you to the next clue. At the end of the hunt there is the pinata. We made a book to help translate Gnommish to English, like the Booke of the People.
2. Troll wars. Have the dads dress up as Trolls (green cloth pinned at the neck as cloaks.) Kids have flashlights and it is played in the dark. When a Troll is hit by a flashlight, the Troll automatically is out for a minute. If the kid gets gotten by a Troll, the kid is out for a minute. You just have to be against the wall when you are out so that you don't trip anyone.
3. Squirt gun fight at the swimming pool. Invite everyone to join! This is the B'wa Kell goblin vrs LEP wars.

Costumes:
I'm going to be Holly Short. I am wearing a long sleeve leotard with tights, all black. We made name tags and acorn insignia, and we got some squirt guns and belts.

Craft:

Activity:
1. Plant acorns in the forest.
2. Go to the local rope swing (or playground) and try out wings.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Mia,

    Wow! Your party plans look GREAT! I think you will have lots and lots of fun and so will your guests! You may eat all the cavier and oysters for me but I would love to hear about the party when it is over and you have recovered. You have
    a terrific imagination with a family to match!
    I am especially enchanted in the game you will be playing in the dark with dads wearing green capes and carrying flashlights. Super!

    Thanks for sharing all your exciting plans, Mia. It is such fun for me to be able to visualize all your ideas!

    Much love,
    Oma

    Please keep Mom and Dad out of mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, How did your party turn out? The plans looked great and I am looking for inspiration for my son's party for next year.

    ReplyDelete